Pharm Tech Minutes 2019.04.10

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Meeting Minutes

WebEx details:

Join IHE Pharmacy's WebEx meeting

Wed., April 10th at Thurs., April 11th, 2019, 9:00.... | 9 am

Paris (Europe Summer GMT + 02: 00)

Organizer: Conferentiefaciliteit

[weblink |https://meetings.webex.com/collabs/meetings/join?uuid=MEC9X4Y3XFQ9GYFRD0UR9F73KR-4VUT]

Meeting Number: 234 934 563

Password : This meeting is not protected by a password.

audio connection

+ 44-203-478-5289 UK Domestic Toll

Access code: 234 934 563

You need numbers or additional information? See international phone numbers .


Agenda

09:00 - 09:30 Welcome

  • Participants
    • Leonidas Tzimis ( Webex)
    • Stephane Spahni
    • Juergen Brandstaetter
    • Esther Peelen
    • Michael Tan
    • Jose Costa Teixeira (Webex)
    • Marc Robberecht (Webex)
    • Jacqueline Surugue
    • Martin Smock ( Switzerland)
  • Review and Approve Agenda
    • Agenda is adjusted
  • Approval of minutes
    • Minutes of last technical committee call is approved.

09:30 - 10:30 Committee work

  • Schedule
    • IHE ( Sarah Bell) has sent an e-mail for Polaris in Sardinia in July 22nd
    • The dates are in the middle of the summer holidays. Stephane and Juergen are having their holiday.
    • The representatives for Sardinia could be:
      • Eshter Peelen
      • Leonidas Tzimis
      • Michael Tan
      • Marc Robberecht
      • Jacqueline Surugue ( 25-26 July).
      • Jose Costa Teixeira

For Chania:

  • The dates are fixed after the 26th of June because of the rooms
  • Juergen might not be able to join.
  • Stephane, Esther and Michael could join.

Voting Sardinia /Chania:

    • Jose, Jacqueline, Michael are in favor of Sardinia.
    • Stephane, Juergen cannot join.
    • Marc, Esther,Leonidas have no preference
    • Juergen has sent an e-mail to Sarah Bell
  • Review and update Wiki, has been done directly in the wiki.
  • General
  • Roadmap
  • Topics below will be picked up on Thursday 11
  • Strategic goals
  • Profile status discussion (public comment, final text, deprecated)
  • Which profiles profiles could be set to "Final text"? Candidates? Criteria?

10:30 - 11:30 Webinar series

  • Discussion to engage in a webinar-series (Esther)
  • Work on webinar concept (Esther)
  • Technical perspective, Business perspective
  • The group is in favor to set up a Webinar. Proposed topic is explain the goals of IHE Pharmacy and the activities undertaken by PHARM.
  • Esther will set up an initial plan. Jacqueline, Leonidas, Marc and Jose are willing to help.
  • Jacqueline will give input from the user perspective.
  • Marc will add input from the vendor perspective.
  • Will have to set up a scenario. For example start from a use case.
  • Work will be done through the Tcon's.

11:00 - 11:30 FHIR strategic discussion

  • Update from on publication of FHIR-based IHE profiles (Jose)
    • John Moerke has started with a initial proposal
    • Jose has taken over in the FHIR call's
      • Technical investigation are ongoing. But it is difficult to explain to participants who do not understand the way of FHIR publications.

Example publication

  • This URL is now the new publication space ( for the current drafts).
  • Grahame Grieve has mentioned that Jose should drive the templates for IHE.
  • John Moerkhe has supported the approach.
  • IHE needs to know the format how to publish.
  • The next step is to have a few prototypes such as MMA and UBP. Also other examples from the other domains, such as PDQM.
  • Technical discussion how to profile on workflow conformance. For example if you send a query how should the other party respond.
  • Lloyd McKenzie is also involved and has the lead.
  • Some updates are MMA necessary. That leads to the question whether we should abandon the updates on the MS Word documents? Eventually we will move to the FHIR platform. We can render a PDF document from the FHIR platform. In the end we will abandon updating 2 platforms. We do keep the legacy work such as HMW in the MS Word format. There is no benefit in transfering these documents to the FHIR format.
  • The FHIR publication method will also be used to publish other formats such as the GS1 profiles.

11:30 - 12:15 Maintenance of MMA and UBP

  • Review of profiles, identify sections of improvement
    • technical correction required to support associated products. (Infusions etc).
    • if you have 2 ingredients that you have to mix, you use 2 administrations. This is too complicated.
    • A better solution is to have one administration with 2 ingredients.
    • How do you identify the 2 ingredients ( with barcoding) with the correct dosage.
    • You have to able to accept multiple scans to a single administration.
    • This is often used in chemotherapy according to a protocol. In that case there will be a single (proprietory made) barcode for the mixture.
    • In case that there is no protocol, for instance in intensive care, the product administered is an adhoc combination of ingredients with multiple scanning. The amount of the ingredient is not registered through the barcode. You have to enter the amount of drug administered manually.
    • The FHIR resources for medication request and medication administration can contain multiple ingredients.
    • This change needs to be applied and published as soon as possible.
    • We need a change proposal so that we can track the changes. This can be done simultaneously.
    • Also need to rewrite the profile to take the comments from previous meetings along.


13:00 - 14:00 --- Lunch ---

14:00- 15:30 Update Pharmacy Domain Report

  • Prepare and approve Domain report for IHE Intl board

15:30 - 16:30 Other strategic topics

  • International Patient Summary
    • Weekly conference calls on the FHIR profile for IPS. ( Giorgio Cangioli, Kai Heitmann, Christoff Gessner, Francois Macary).
    • details on the HL7 wiki: | IPS
  • Switzerland
    • Implementation of e-medication primary aggregator.
      • The medication is aggregated by the aggregator.
      • Primary systems will publish MTP, PRE, DIS and PADV documents and retrieve PML, based on CMPD profile.
    • Definition of emedication strategy in relation EPR federal law. This will result into guidelines. (August 2019)
  • Netherlands
  • Update GS1 topics and marketing from IHE
  • There is a need to set up a profile for the implant registrations. Maybe this is not a topic for Pharmacy.
  • Ask in the DCC telco which domain group is responsible and active with the registrations. (action item: Michael).
  • Starting an National IHE Pharmacy group to localise the MMA and UBP for the Dutch implementation, such as the patient ID and the Drug identification ( G-standard).
  • Ministry of Health is taking the lead in the implementation of interoperability.
    • This will result in guidelines and legislation for care
  • Esther is now the Dutch Marcom lead and will also participate in the European Marcom activities from IHE as well as GS1.
    • Back to the basics: Who and what is IHE. Most people only think of XDS. Esther will set up a plan.
    • Jacqueline suggest to look at the existing material from Cento Cento.
    • Christina, Karlien and Esther propose to have joint co-chairmanship to lead the EU marcom groupe.
  • Saudi Arabia
    • the project which was developed 4 years ago will be revitalised and rolled out. The specification does need some adjustments and refinement.
    • Can we recommend the HMW? We do not know of any uptake in the field? The message types are used by Agfa, but Marc's opinion is that more roles are required. If we would revamp the profile, then we should do it with FHIR.

16:30 - 17:15 Work-item "Pre-Prescription"

  • Work and Change Proposal (Stephane)
  • Proposal can be found here: proposal
  • The proposal contains 3 options. Stephane is in favor of option 3 which has the least impact. It uses a status. This has also be considered in the past, where each prescription had a proposed status. But nobody wanted this alternative. You need to know which scenario has to be run otherwise it awaits a confirmation step.
  • The Netherlands would not be in favor of option 3. Prescriptions are the domain of prescribers and pharmacists can never generate a pre-prescription. This would otherwise have impact on the medication lists.
  • Stephane will workout option 3 and discuss it in Switzerland to see if this acceptable.

17:30 - Adjourn

Pharmacy Technical Committee