Pharm Tech Minutes 2016.01.05
From IHE Wiki
- Stéphane Spahni
- Simon Letellier
- Marc Robberecht
- Jose Costa Teixeira
Recap from meeting 17 November, Review of latest HL7 FHIR discussions on workflow
- Content of the document exposes pertinent questions to continue discussion.
- Separation of order into Clinical and Logistics makes sense
- It would be useful (for analysis at least) to separate Events from Workflows:
- Events are things that occur in time; A request is an event, as is a dispense action, or a reply to a request.
- Workflows are lasting activities or sequences of actions. A treatment is a workflow (with orders and dispenses...) but also "ordering" can be a "workflow" - e.g. when an order needs changes..
- Planned events may not be the really occurring events.
- Status of workflow is updated by the events (namely the last event of a workflow updates the status of the workflow).
- Need to link workflows to workflows:
- Downward: How to start a dispensing workflow from an ordering workflow?
- Task/Request? or is the dispenser consulting the workflow directly?
- Upward: How does the treatment workflow get notified that the dispensing workflow is done?
- Task/Activity report? Or is the dispenser updating the workflow directly?