Pharm Tech Minutes 2013.06.11

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

10:00 - 10:15 Welcome

  • Call to Order/Roll Call
  • Jürgen Brandstätter
  • Jacqueline Surugue
  • Simon Letellier
  • Michael Tan
  • Michiel Sprenger
  • Christof Gessner
  • Jose Costa Teixera (GoToMeeting)
  • Marc Robberecht (GoToMeeting)
  • Leonidas Tzimis (GoToMeeting)
  • Thierry Geraud (GoToMeeting)
  • Gert Koelewijn


  • Review and Approve Agenda
  • Approved
  • Approval of minutes of TCon May 30, 2013

10:15 - 10:45 Schedule 2012/2013 and 2013/2014

  • Schedule 2012/2013
  • Schedule 2013/2014
  • First draft version v0.1
  • Planning phase approved
  • F2F meetings
  • Locations: (1) Paris, (2) Vienna, (3) Porto approved
  • Dates: (1) maybe minor change, (2) approved, (3) maybe minor change

10:45 - 11:30 Events

  • CAT EU 2013 Status
  • Eric absent -> no information
  • IHE International World Summit
  • Jürgen reports
  • Webinar Series
  • We get annually asked to prepare marketing material and webinar educational sessions
  • Webinar sessions are 1 hour, done once live (with Q&A) and recorded
  • Either one webinar per topic or just one webinar with more speakers covering all topic
  • Didn't participate in last year and this year
  • Becomes more and more technical -> Jacqueline and Simon can't cover that any more
  • Technical people must cover that
  • Jose volunteers for doing a webinar for HMW
  • Jürgen gets volunteered by Jose for doing a webinar for CMPD, PRE, PADV and DIS
  • Jürgen will think on it :-)
  • Next cycle starts at spring 2014, webinar takes place in summer 2014


12:30 - 13:30 --- Lunch ---

13:30 - 14:30 Action item status

Work- and Action-items list

  • Hospital Pharmacy
  • Distribution and supply of items (Marc, Simon)
  • Marc: "Extends use-cases, Incorporating the use-cases in the whitepaper and adding the sequence diagrams, New version of the whitepaper will be published"
  • No information
  • Jose: Prepare a paper about "How to use bar-code in Pharmacy"
  • No information


  • Medication_Catalog / Formulary
  • Simon: Slides will be prepared for the F2F meeting after the review of NCPDP and other US existing documentations
  • Slides will be discussed at the appropriate slot tomorrow


  • Community Pharmacy
  • CMPD Exceptional cases and Refinement CMPD workflows (?)
  • Owner needed
  • XDW at CPM (?)
  • Owner needed, on hold until "CMPD Exceptional cases" is finished
  • Separation of CMPD actors into "Content Creator" and "XDS Publish/Retrieve" actors (Jürgen)
  • Jürgen: "First check and evaluation"
  • Not done yet, will be prepared for beginning of next season. Intention to create CPs.
  • Introduce ADM into CMPD Profile (Jürgen)
  • Jürgen: Create "Change proposal on CMPD introducing a Administration actor"
  • Started but not finished, postponed to beginning of next season (sync it with ADM profile)
  • Eval_CMPD.b (Michael)
  • On hold until "Separation of CMPD actors" is finished
  • Michael: Part 2 of evaluation: Architecture, Actors, Transactions


  • Cross-domain
  • Medication Documentation
  • Part 1: Hierarchy/Definitions (Stephen)
  • Jacqueline, Stephen, Melva, Leonidas will provide use-cases, Michael reviews
  • Postponed until "Medication Management Related Concepts and Definitions" is completed
  • Part 2: Data-sources and the according nature of the data (Jose)
  • Jose: Populate speadsheet with information elements and coverage analysis (Jose starts populating the vertical axis)
  • Completed
  • Jürgen: Populate speadsheet with information elements and coverage analysis (Austria)
  • Postponed, because Austrian project delayed. Expected end of summer.
  • Michael: Populate speadsheet with information elements and coverage analysis (Netherlands)
  • Not started yet, Expected end of June
  • Stephen: Populate speadsheet with information elements and coverage analysis (Australia)
  • Not started yet, no information
  • Marco: Populate speadsheet with information elements and coverage analysis (Switzerland)
  • Not started yet, no information
  • Jürgen: Start proposal for a "Unreconsiled Medication List" profile
  • Postponed, because Austrian project delayed. Expected end of summer.
  • Jürgen will approach PCC for using RECON for Unreconsiled Medication List
  • Approched Keith Boone at Joint Meeting in Treviso. Agreed on collaboration, but no progress yet
  • Jürgen: Discuss the generic Profile for "Query/Gather/Assemble" with ITI
  • Pharmacy (Austria), Lab and Contraindications (Nictiz) have strong demand in such a profile


  • Glossary work item (Marco)
  • Marco: "Maintaining glossary"
  • No information
  •  ?: Contributing our terms to SKMT
  • On hold until Glossary is more advanced
  • Monitoring and Syncing with PCD: (Perfusion administration)
  • Owner needed
  • Currently no business case for this -> important but not urgent
  • Postponed to next season


  • General
  • Use-case/CPs: Community – Hospital (Jürgen)
  • Jürgen: "Contact several parties explicit for feedback"
  • Not started yet, will do it until end of the week
  • Validation of profile coverage of use-cases (Jacqueline)
  • Jose: "Analyze, if Jacquelines use-case is sufficient for validation of coverage"
  • Extending_Pharmacy_Whitepaper_Admission/Discharge
  • Michael: "Extending Pharmacy Whitepaper: Admission/Discharge, first draft"
  • First draft made, discussion tomorrow in the approriate slot


  • Strategic
  • Jürgen: "Slide with the statement, will be shaped between the co-chairs until suitable"
  • Not started yet, discuss with HL7 group, if this is still active


  • To clarify
  • TCon May 30: "DICOM is OK to separate dispense and administration. Link with DICOM on Contrasts management : Jose will send an email to Jacqueline for review."
  • Check with Jose, when he is online


14:30 - 15:30 Wrap-up Joint-Meeting ISO WG6, HL7 Pharmacy, IHE Pharmacy 6/10/2013

  • The joint meeting was a success and we promote having future annual meetings in this way
  • Common roadmap is a long-term goal, but needs a significant amount of time to achieve that
  • ISO WG6 work-items:
  • Prescription record
  • Dispensation record
  • Medicinal Product Dictonary
  • Extemporaneous preparation
  • Dose syntax
  • Slides shown by ISO WG6
  • Frits Elferink: ePrescription
  • Leonora Grandia: New ISO WG6 Work items
  • The following synergies have been identified:
  • Medication Documentation
  • The additional experts of ISO WG6 help proceeding faster and improve quality
  • Extemporaneous preparation (aka Componds)
  • the ISO WG6 work-item for "Compounds" is a valuable pre-work for our check, if our content structures are sufficient for compound medicine
  • ISO WG6 asks IHE Pharmacy to review "Prescription record Committee Draft (CD)":
  • Document "ISOTC215WG6N13-008 WD17523 28-05-2013.doc" has been sent to the IHE Pharmacy mailing list at Thu, Jun 6, 2013
  • Commented version from Jose "ISOTC215WG6N13-008 WD17523 28-05-2013_jct.doc" has been sent to the IHE Pharmacy mailing list at Thu, Jun 9, 2013

15:30 - 16:00 --- Break ---

16:00 - 17:00 Distribution and supply of items (Marc, Simon)

  • Most recent version
  • Still waiting for completing of Marc's action item "Extends use-cases, Incorporating the use-cases in the whitepaper and adding the sequence diagrams, New version of the whitepaper will be published"
  • Next steps:
  • Marc completes his action item
  • Simon takes over the document and review and cross-check it with Jacqueline
  • Jose takes over for final comments
  • Simon takes over for finalization

17:00 - 18:00 Management and Planning

  • Management and Planning
  • User co-chair election
  • Jacqueline's 2nd term ends this season
  • Simon: Issue a call for nominates, Period: Jun 14 - Jul 14
  • Simon: Issue the voting, Period: Jul 14 - Aug 5
  • TCon Aug 6: Publish Voting result
  • New term starts with Sep 1, 2013
  • WebEx
  • WebEx access via Phast WebEx unstable and too slow and less usable
  • Phast uses "own" WebEx server, which seems to cause problems
  • Had to use IHE-Austria's GotoMeeting as alternative
  • Decision: Move to GotoMeeting if possible
  • Jürgen: Ask IHE-Austria if we get the permission to use IHE-Austria's GotoMeeting Account for IHE-Pharmacy
  • Updates on Wiki
  • Work plan 2012-2013
  • Roadmap
`* ftp://ftp.ihe.net/Pharmacy/Roadmap/IHE-PHARM_Roadmap_2013-06-11.xls
  • PHARM Strategic Planning
  • Simon: Work over all Wiki-pages and add correct "back"-navigation to every page


  • Domain Coordination issues
  • New supplement template
  • Actual DCC work
  • Frequency reduced to one TCon per month
  • Main topic: More collaboration between domains

Pharmacy Technical Committee