Pharm Tech Minutes 2012.02.02-03

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Thursday, February 02.

Attendees

  • Brandstätter, Jürgen (CodeWerk Software Services and Development GmbH, co-chair IHE)
  • Cocchiglia, Arianna (Arsenal.IT)
  • Demarmels, Marco (Lake Griffin, LLC)
  • Géraud, Thierry (CareFusion)
  • Hay, Christian (GS1, IHE Suisse)
  • Letellier, Simon (EAHP)
  • Robberecht, Marc (Agfa Healthcare)
  • Surugue, Jacqueline (EAHP)
  • Zalunardo, Luca (Arsenal.IT)
  • Bourquard, Karima (IN-SYSTEM)
  • Peytchev, Vassil (Epic)

By WebEx :

  • Poiseau, Eric (INRIA)
  • Lefebvre, Nicolas (INRIA)


10:00-10:15 Greeting

10:15-10:30 Approvement of last minutes

  • Approved

10:30-10:45 User co-chair election

  • Current situation: 7 votes of of 13 for YES
  • According to governance the election has to continue until Feb 8th, 2012
  • Result will be published by email

10:45-13:00 CAT EU Bern

How to get additional vendors

  • CMPD
  • Basically same situation as last year
  • Slightly improved by one additional vendor
  • HMW
  • Currently no testing possible
  • Glintt and Solinfo from last year are not attending the CAT at all
  • Should be contacted. Who?
  • Dedalus is currently registering. Information from Dedalus: Will not test Pharmacy this year, will concentrate on other topics
  • Possible reasons
  • HMW actors shall be reviewed, if they demand too much transactions as "required"
  • It shall evaluated, why the vendors stopped participating
  • Possible vendors to contact
  • McKesson
  • Jacqueline: In France McKesson is active in Hospital Pharmacy, but the moment there is a propriety standard in place (PN13). Eric will send a contact to Jacqueline and Jürgen. Jacqueline will contact them.
  • AGFA
  • Marc: Currently focus on supply chain. Tries to push participation next year for HMW.
  • CareFusion
  • Thierry: Is on the dispensing side. Wait for CPOE vendors to attend. Maybe participation next year.
  • Epic
  • Vassil: Immediate interest is in communicating with robots (supply chain). Community Pharmacy depends on the amount of European customers. Currently no estimation for a participation at a CAT.
  • Learnings for the future
  • It's not reliable to expect past registrations to be continued
  • Motivating vendors after end of registration is too late
  • Inviting vendors for next CAT should be an ongoing activity
  • Invite people on the CAT (during the CAT) to a workshop to anchorage them for next year
  • Robots in Community is a pressing topic at the moment, this could be used as a positve momentum (because it saves money) -> should be considered for the Strategic planning and Roadmap
  • Workshop at Bern
  • Possible by using the VIP Guided Tour: max.90min Welcome+Room+Beamer + Walkaround CAT Area
  • Pharmacy could use one of this slots for free
  • Pharmacy dedicated VIP tour + Normal VIP tour + get in contact to others
  • Date
  • Thursday forenoon or during the F2F meeting
  • How to get people there?
  • CAT people per announcement at participants
  • Pharmacy people per personal activating
  • Next steps
  • CAT vendors will be informed anyway and invited to a slot during our F2F (end of 2nd day)
  • Evaluating if people from outside would come to such an event by group members - sum up next TCon and decision about further steps


Status Test descriptions and scripts

  • Based on the registration this is lessened in priority now
  • Eric: Gazelle is prepared for testing if needed
  • also XDW (generic anyway, semantically for Pharmacy afterwards)


Agenda F2F meeting

  • Postponed to TCon


  • 13:00-13:30 --- Lunch ---


13:30-14:30 HMW Exceptional cases (Marc)

  • CP-PHARM-xx1.doc, CP-PHARM-xx2 and CP-PHARM-xx3 have been set to status "Completed" and are ready to be balloted
  • Uploaded at FTP at:
  • Ballot will be postponed until other completed CPs arrive
  • More CPs to some other exceptional cases will be prepared by Marc and presented at the next TCon


14:30-15:30 Distribution and supply of items (Marc, Simon)

  • Editor changed from Jose/Simon to Marc/Simon
  • Work item is approved
  • Profile name discussion:
  • Distribution and supply of medication and disposable
  • Distribution and supply of healthcare products
  • Distribution and supply of health products
  • Distribution and supply of medicinal products
  • Distribution and supply of pharmaceutical products
  • Decision: "Distribution and supply of healthcare products"
  • Cross-domain needed?
  • PHAST (Franck will nominate person)
  • GS1 (Christian Hay)
  • Schedule for profile "Distribution and supply of healthcare products"
  • TCon 2012.03.16: Volume 1 First draft
  • TCon 2012.04.19: Volume 1 finalized
  • F2F 2012.05.22-23: Volume 2 First draft
  • TCon 2012.06.07: Volume 2 Last draft
  • F2F 2012.06.19-20: Volume 1+2: Ready for public comment
  • End of Jul 2012: Volume 1+2: Public comment completed
  • End of Aug 2012: Volume 1+2: Ready for TI
  • Uploaded at FTP at

15:30 - 16:30 Medication catalog (e.g. Formulary) (Marc, Simon)

  • Discussion
  • Is IHE Pharmacy legitimated to deal with that?
  • Laboratory has generated a similar profile
  • It might be in the focus of the proposed new domain "Healthcare Operations"
  • Is that topic urgent and has to be processed this season or shall we wait to figure out the right host for it?
  • Laboratory has created a profile to the similar profile
  • Could be a template to pharmacy and would allow easy generation of the profile
  • HL7v2 based
  • Shared Value Set profile
  • Webservice based, HL7v3
  • Shall it scoped for Hospital only?
  • This is an important topic in Community Pharmacy too
  • If we decide for HL7v2 it should stay scoped on Hospital to allow Community doing different (e.g. SVS, HL7v3)
  • Decision:
  • Gathering more facts for decision making
  • Marc gathers more details on how the profile would look like in the manner of Lab
  • Jacqueline will call Jean-Christoph CAUVIN (Lab) to interview him about this
  • Marco contacts Robert Horn for hints from the SVS side
  • Decision at next TCon

16:45-17:30 Improvements in HMW for scope and error-fixing (Marc)

  • Editor changed from Jose to Marc
  • Processed the document and categorized the different bullets
  • CPs: Marc will provide them until next TCon
  • Others: Marc will generate proposals after examination


17:30-18:00 Marketing USA

  • HIMSS (Urgent)
  • Jürgen will provide slide-set until Wed Feb. 8th, 2012
  • Urgent review by group required
  • Slide-set has to be final until Feb 21, 2012 latest
  • NCPDP
  • Covered by Scott, no new information
  • HL7
  • Covered by Scott/Tom
  • Aviso by Christian:
  • HL7 WG in May 6-10, 2013 in Bordeaux
  • IHE will receive an invitation to do a Joint meeting
  • Joint meeting with HL7 Pharmacy in June 2012 shall be planned urgently
  • Discuss that with Tom tomorrow
  • Academia in US
  • Vanderbilt and Chapel Hill
  • Covered by Marco
  • No reaction -> will be discontinued
  • American Society of Health Systems Pharmacists (ASHP)
  • Contact: Karl Gumpper (Hospital Pharmacists, Coordinating the IT group of ASHP)
  • He is on the Pharmacy list
  • Jacqueline will contact him for appointing a meeting at HIMMS peer to peer with Jürgen

Other business

  • Harmonizing profiles
  • Decision: Jürgen for Community and Marc for Hospital will change all actor names to capital spelling:
  • Prescription Placer
  • Pharmaceutical Adviser
  • Medication Dispenser
  • ...
  • Decision: Word "cancelling" or "cancelled") will be changed to one "l"
  • following base standard HL7
  • Information: New domain planned "Healthcare Operations"
  • Deals with Supply/Logistics/Scheduling of resources
  • Has contact points to work item "Distribution and supply of healthcare products"
  • Marketing International
  • Hospital section of International Federation of Pharmacy (FIP)
  • Chaired by Jacqueline
  • September 2013 in Dublin
  • We could place 2 seminars about IHE Pharmacy, each 1.5h, 2-3 speakers, not paid
  • 1 seminar very high level
  • 1 a little bit more detailed
  • Need to produce proposals for this urgently, deadline Feb 15, 2012
  • Jacqueline will cover that
  • Decision about selection in March 2012 soonest
  • Report on decision by Jacqueline when available
  • Detailed work afterwards