Pharm Plan Minutes 2014.10.29

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

08:00 - 08:15 Welcome

  • Participants
  • Jürgen Brandstätter
  • Leonidas Tzimis
  • Jose Costa Teixeira
  • Michael Tan
  • Jacqueline Surugue
  • Marc Robberecht
  • Stephane Spahni
  • Simon Lettelier
  • Kai Heitmann
  • Angela Merzweiler
  • Christof Gessner
  • Stephen Chu
  • Review and Approve Agenda
  • Approved with changes in order


08:15 - 08:30 Schedule

  • Current version:
  • Open issues:
  • Status of IHE Joint meeting with ITI, PCC and QRPH: 24-25 February 2015, ASIP Santé Offices, Paris, France (Jürgen)
  • Jürgen has contacted Nancy and Celina, but hasn't received an answer yet.
  • Action item: Do a follow-up (Jürgen)
  • IHE Joint meeting with SIG HL7 Pharmacy : 15 May 2015, Paris, France (Jacqueline)
  • Expected person count: 17
  • Jacqueline has contacted Francois Macary, he said that he will check, but hasn't received an answer yet
  • Action item: Do a follow-up (Jacqueline)
  • Alternatives: Marc can ask at the AGFA office in Ivry / Paris
  • Action item: Ask AGFA about the size of available meeting rooms
  • Regular IHE F2F meeting : 18-19 June 2015, Chania (Crete), Greece
  • Leonidas has 3 found opportunities for meeting place
  • 1) Inside Leonidas' hospital of Chania
  • 2) Building of the Private Pharmacists association of Chanis
  • 3) Meeting room in the City hall. Major of the city has been contacted (best option)
  • Leonidas will send out information for travel and accommodation


08:30 - 09:00 Hospital-Community Use Cases Whitepaper

  • Current version
  • Discussion
  • Can it be published? Open issues?
  • Still needs some review/addition
  • Decision: The Whitepaper will NOT be published itself, but will be inserted into the Common Pharmacy Whitepaper
  • Project Management and Todos
  • 1. Use-case in document "Collaboration between connected Hospital Pharmacies" will be merged into the Cross-Domain WP
  • 2. Cross-domain WP + chapter 10 of Common Pharmacy WP will be reviewed
  • Action item: Stephane & colleagues
  • 3. Cross-domain WP will be merged into chapter 10 of Common Pharmacy WP. Cross-domain WP will be abandoned.
  • 4. Overwork Information Model of Common Pharmacy WP
  • 5. Publish new version of Common Pharmacy WP


  • A "Use-case overview" document has been created and will be maintained from now on
  • CMPD, HMW, Hospital&Community WP, Supply chain WP, General Pharmacy WP, etc.


09:15 - 10:45 Medication Therapy

  • Proposal
  • Presentation of project "MonDossierMedical.ch" / Geneve region / Switzerland (Stephane)
  • Presentation of project "Medikationsplan" in North Rhine Westfalia / Germany (Kai)
  • Vision of the work ahead (Jürgen, Stephane)
  • Discussion
  • New version of slides created during meeting
  • Agreed on the working title "Medication Therapy Plan Item"
  • Shaped how this work fits into the landscape (see slide 3)
  • Formal approval of the new work-item proposal
  • Approved
  • Location on FTP
  • Team
  • Work-item lead: Stephane
  • Members: Jürgen, Michael, Stephen, Kai, Jose, Jacqueline, Leonidas
  • Defining next steps
  • Learn profile template and how to write use-case stories (derive from e.g. CMPD) and insert description of the use-case into it (Stephane)
  • Action item: Trigger our group when finished with this work (Stephane)
  • After that, choose data-elements, codes for sections, etc. based on PRE specification


11:30 - 12:30 Pharmacy Administration

  • Current work:
  • Wrapping up work done so far, open issues and how to continue (Jürgen)
  • Discussion
  • Group discovered that the names of the Community Content Profiles are kind of misleading. A rename should be considered:
  • Pharmacy Prescription -> Medication Prescription
  • Pharmacy Dispense -> Medication Dispense
  • Pharmacy Pharmaceutical Advice -> Pharmaceutical Advice
  • Pharmacy Medication List -> Medication List
  • Problem: Acronym is PML -> simply let is like it is
  • Pharmacy Administration -> Medication Administration
  • Decision: These changes are decided
  • Action item: Determine how profile name changes are performed (Jürgen)
  • New version of slides created during meeting
  • To use-case „Patient tells the physician that he takes this or that medication“?
  • We need another profile in the manner of the other Community Content Profiles
  • Name: Medication Statement
  • Introduce this profile into CMPD with new actor
  • Actor: Medication Statement Informer
  • Entry: Medication Statement Entry
  • PCC Medication template is the parent
  • The giver of the statement (informant) shall be expressed as "participant" (to be able to document the role "patient")
  • Same concept as in other Content Profiles (author on document level OR participant on section level)
  • Consider negationIndicator for "I don't take ..." and reason why
  • Formally this new work-item is derived from the "Medication Administration" work-item, but has turned out to be a new profile
  • Decision: This new profile is approved to be a new work-item in this season
  • Profile Name: "Medication Statement"
  • Locations on FTP
  • Medication Administration
  • Medication Statement
  • Working team formed
  • Work-item lead (Medication Administration + Medication Statement): Jürgen
  • Members: Jose, Stephane, Michael, Kai (review)
  • Defining next steps
  • Medication Administration: Create first profile proposal on the basis of new profile template and the current work (Jürgen)
  • Medication Statement: Create first profile proposal on the basis of new profile template (Jürgen)
  • Action item: Trigger our group when finished (Jürgen)


12:30 - 13:30 Lunch

13:30 - 15:30 Several Community Pharmacy related issues

  • PADV issue: Deep analysis of code "CHANGE" revealed that it actually means "CHANGE + OK" (= implies the OK too). Related to that, the state "OK" actually means "(Unchanged) OK"
  • Question: Do we need a simple "CHANGE" which does not also imply the OK? Not needed for A, SA and CH -> at the moment it is an academic discussion.
  • Discussion/Decision
  • The only situation is missing, that an adviser declare a CHANGE but NOT approving/rejecting it (needs another one to approve/reject). We don't see a real use-case right now. Also we have the statusCode element (active/completed) which could be use to cover that.
  • Decision: We don't make a change now but wait for an actual real use-case coming.


  • PADV issue: Requirement of CH: Providing comments to PRE or DIS items (e.g. The patient has problems swallowing the pill because it's too big).
  • Possible solution: Extend PADV by a new code "COMMENT", which has no effect on the workflow, but just provides commenting information, e.g. as concern.
  • Discussion/Decision
  • Decision: Postponed. We look out for actual use-cases, which are not covered by the current set of commands (e.g. combined with statusCode=active)


  • DIS issue: The Dispenser also needs Profession and Specialty
  • Proposal: Exchange <performer> by <author> for the Dispenser. Change <author> by a second <author> for a possible prescriber of the underlying prescription
  • Discussion/Decision
  • Decision: Yes, Profession and Specialty is needed for Dispenser. Do the change as proposed.


  • PRE issue: Precondition is often used to describe dosage related information (e.g. "Take on demand")
  • Question: Shall it be moved under "Dosage instructions"?
  • Discussion/Decision
  • We identify preconditions which could be counted as part of the dosage instructions, but also other ones.
  • Decision: Consequently we leave it untouched.


  • PADV, PML issue: The issue appears only, when a PRE entry is referenced in a PADV or embedded in a PML + this entry contains an internal reference in the "Reason" element (e.g. to a diagnosis expressed in an Active Problems section)
  • Current solution in PADV: The section referenced is not included and instructions are given how to break the internal reference
  • Proposed solution: CP on PADV and PML to allow 0..* additional sections to be added in order not to break the internal references. Those section do NOT belong to the PADV/PML document itself, but are just inserted to fulfill the internal reference
  • Discussion/Decision
  • Decision: Ok, perform the solution as outlined


  • PML issue: CH brought up that the PML might be used for "feeding" a medication plan
  • Discussion: Currently PML is intended as a "read-only", on-demand document. Shall that be changed? Should we add a note somewhere to clarify?
  • Discussion/Decision
  • Decision: Postponed to next TCon


15:30 - 16:00 ISO liaison

  • Report on ISO meeting in Berlin (Jürgen)
  • Jürgen reports that the meeting was very productive
  • Commenting on ISO/DIS 17523 "Requirements for electronic prescriptions"
  • Jürgen will complete his comments, afterwards a review by the group is triggered
  • Decision: A consolidated and accorded set of comments shall be delivered to ISO within the commenting phase
  • ISO DTS 19293 "Requirements for the record of Dispense Medicinal Products"
  • Discussion
  • Defining next steps
  • Members of the group should join the working-team of this work-item to contribute before this work-item goes into public comment.
  • ISO/DTS 17251, "Business requirements for the exchange of structured dose instructions for medicinal products"
  • Discussion
  • Defining next steps
  • Members of the group should join the working-team of this work-item to contribute before this work-item goes into public comment.
  • Decision: All those ISO activities are very relevant and require our attendance and participation!


16:00 Adjourn

Pharmacy Planning Committee