Card Tech Minutes 2017.12.20
Jump to navigation Jump to search
- Nick Gawrit, Heartbase, co-chair
- Chris Melo, Philips, co-chair
- Dan Murphy, Epic
- Antje Schroeder, Siemens Healthineers
- Andrea Price, Indiana University
- Rebecca Baker, ACC
Update of SNOMED licensing from IHE International
- SNOMED terms in IHE profiles
- When SNOMED term is included in IHE profile, the terms may be used by vendors and health systems without additional license or fee.
- Unable to use the hierarchical tree of the SNOMED terms without additional fees/licenses just the specific term as noted in IHE Google spreadsheet which is a comprehensive list of all IHE usage of SNOMED terms.
- Annually IHE will add additional SNOMED terms, however, they will monitor the number of terms added.
- The US had a national license which covers all SNOMED usage. The SNOMED licensing costs impact IHE Europe and IHE Japan; this is why IHE Japan uses LOINC codes instead of SNOMED codes.
CPN Companion Guide
- CPN (Cardiac Procedure Note) Review
- Overview of profile from technical perspective by Chris & Nick.
- Referred to the CPN wiki for reference of what should be included in the Companion Guide.
- Recommend workflows be addressed only in the IHE Planning Committee white paper, not the Companion Guide.
- Key points: This is content structure for procedure notes with emphasis on the content creator and content consumer.
- CPN allows functionality for standardized data and interoperability.
- Emphasis how this allows structured reporting and the efficiencies gained with this in terms of data capture, accuracy of reports, decreases in rework, decreases in costs, increase in appropriate billing, faster production of the procedure reports going to the referring provider thereby enhancing the care continuum.
- Point out which area and what section are important for what reasons. For example, vocabularies, template definitions and the content modules, section level templates, valuesets used, specific document types.
- Key specifications and what they represent.
- Use cases and how they applyl.
- What is included and for what directed towards the clinical audience in one section, then directed towards the technical audience in anther.
- Structured data elements compose (1)Narrative reports for humans; (2)Electronic accessible content/machine readable for multiple uses of the data.
- For Companion Guide will take concept examples with parts of xml, parts of report and demonstrate how the data is working behind the scenes. May go in Appendix.
- Review of each section: Vol 1,2,3. Will point out how specific pieces fit such as the UDI. Volume 3 is the main content.
- Next Meeting, January 10th
- Review CPN Extensions
- Work on white paper
- Next CPN Companion Meeting, January 17th
- Review of Art Décor in detail