From IHE Wiki
Michael H. Nusbaum, BASc., MHSA, FHIMSS
Michael Nusbaum has been professionally active in the field of health informatics for almost 30 years. Since 1983, he has been providing management consulting services, in a private practice, to a large variety of health care organizations. Prior to that, Michael held senior management positions with two Canadian provincial health ministries.
Michael holds a Masters of Health Administration from the University of Alberta, together with a Bachelors degree in Industrial Engineering from the University of Toronto.
Michael has taught extensively at a number of post-secondary institutions (including UVIC, UBC and BCIT), in the fields of health management and health informatics.
Within IHE, Michael is currently fulfilling the following positions:
- Co-Chair, IHE IT Infrastructure Planning Committee
- Vice-President, IHE-Canada Board
Michael holds (or has held) the following professional appointments:
- President, Health Care Leaders’ Association of B.C.
- Vice-Chair, Vancouver Island Chapter of the Canadian College of Health Service Executives
- President, Washington State chapter of HIMSS
- President, B.C. Health Information Management Professionals’ Society
- Co-Chair, ITAC/Health Interoperability and Standards Committee
- Director, COACH, Canada’s Health Informatics Association
- Chair, HIMSS EHR Steering Committee
- Member, Canadian Advisory Committee to ISO/TC215
In addition, Michael is currently active in the following professional organizations:
- Canadian College of Health Service Executives,
- Infoway Standards Collaborative
Throughout his professional career, Michael has been extensively published on a variety of healthcare topics.