Encounter-based Imaging Workflow

From IHE Wiki
Jump to: navigation, search

Mailing list

You can subscribe to the Radiology Encounter-based Imaging Workflow google group.

The group also has an email alias rad-ebiw@ihe.net.

Weekly Call on Friday at 12noon CT / 1pm ET

webex Meeting number (access code): 920 648 252 Meeting password: Meeting123

Recording

The following is the list of past discussions:

  • Encounter-based Imaging Workflow at Mayo Clinics, presented by Kenneth Persons Download Presentation Stream
  • Encounter-based Imaging Workflow at University of Miami, presented by Dawn Cram Download Stream
  • Encounter-based Imaging Workflow by ImageMoverMD, presented by K. Thomas Pickard Presentation Stream
  • Encounter-based Imaging Acquisition Workflow examples at Mayo Clinics, provided by Kenneth Persons Download

Presentation at SIIM 2017

The presentation at SIIM 2017 is available here

Profile Proposal

The brief profile proposal is available at Encounter Based Imaging Workflow - Brief Proposal.

The detailed profile proposal (work-in-progress) is available at Encounter Based Imaging Workflow - Proposal.

High Level Workflow

The following is a work-in-progress. It outlines the focus scope that we are currently trying to address.

You can find the source of the diagram here PDF Visio

Simple camera case:

EBIWCamera-20170811.png

Point of Care Ultrasound case:

EBIWPoCUS-20170811.png

Upcoming discussion / meeting

Date Time Details Minutes
May 2, 2017 1:00pm - 2:00pm CT webex
  • Agree that we need to narrow down the scope to bring the effort required to a manageable size
  • This profile will focus on three questions:
    • Without any prior order (i.e. not managed acquisition), how to reliably get the encounter information delivered to the modality?
    • What are the set of mandatory metadata for the captured images so that it can facilitate post-acquisition activities?
    • What method(s) should be used to assemble the metadata and image data into something that downstream systems can readily consumer? (e.g. DICOM/XDS/FHIR/etc.)

Action item for next meeting:

  • Brian Hart will lead storyboard discussion on Friday to focus on persona
  • Dawn and Kinson will extract the pain points of current practice identified in the HIMSS/SIIM whitepaper

To be discussed on Friday:

  • Possible breakout meeting at SIIM
May 5, 2017 10:00am - 11:00am CT webex
  • Agree with the four questions to focus (in the proposal wiki under 2. The Problem > Goals)
  • Agree to meet every week on Friday at 12noon CT / 1pm ET
    • Nichole from RSNA has sent out a new meeting invite
    • first meeting start on May 19
  • Agree to try to meet at SIIM for a face-to-face discussion. Use doodle poll to indicate your availability
  • Brian showed an example of using Design Thinking process to help guide identifying requirements for each persona
    • Agree to try use the model at SIIM
    • Agree to be mindful about how much time we spent
  • Agree to keep the workflow design as an open general workflow, rather than focus on specific departmental need
    • Will try to see if we can engage any specialist to help us on understanding their workflow and specific needs
May 19, 2017 12:00pm - 1:00pm CT webex
  • We will setup an gathering at SIIM on Thursday June 1 in the morning at 7am - 8am. We will see if we can have additional gathering during the conference.
  • We started mapping out a high level diagram to capture the focus scope of this profile (Thanks Brian for leading the discussion). See the draft diagram above.
  • Kinson will present the work done by this group and the future milestones at the Enterprise Imaging Workgroup Meetup at SIIM on June 1.
May 26, 2017 12:00pm - 1:00pm CT webex
  • Continue discussion
  • Confirmed meeting at SIIM on Thursday morning. Will setup webex and send out calendar invite.
Jun 1, 2017 7am - 8am SIIM Room 321 (3rd floor of David L. Lawrence Convention Center
  • Identified 3 immediate use cases: (1) Point of care / bedside US, (2) Different kinds of scope devices used in operation room, and (3) camera / phone captured photos
  • Identified that it is important to send notification back to EMR to close the loop when the data exists. Commonly use HL7 v2 messaging
  • Identified that may be important to identify the source of the data, whether it is provider acquired, or submitted by patient
  • Time may not be the reliable linkage information of images to context. E.g. multiple procedures happened simultaneously in the OR.
    • matter for consumption E.g. use surgical video afterwards
    • context is important for follow-up, not immediate assumption
  • Consider grouping with ATNA and CT for authentication and consistent time. Specific enterprise authentication such as Active Directory will not be explicitly mentioned.
  • Consider the holistic use case using the captured images for follow-up and other need, not only as evidence (e.g. for surgical procedure) and immediate consumption
Jun 9, 2017 12:00pm - 1:00pm CT webex
  • Discuss about metadata that are important for encounter-based imaging
Jun 16, 2017 12:00pm - 1:00pm CT webex Meeting cancelled
Jun 23, 2017 12:00pm - 1:00pm CT webex Meeting cancelled
Jun 30, 2017 12:00pm - 1:00pm CT webex Reviewed and updated the profile proposal.